Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap

I am participating in my first swap, this sounds like it will be fun, here is the link to the website "Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I mostly Knit and sometimes dabble in crochet, I have been knitting for about 4 years
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? I have made 1 dishcloth, for the kitchen, the ballband dishcloth and modified another for my swiffer cover
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I have only used sugar and cream, maybe would like to try a smoother softer cotton for a face cloth??
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I usually prefer straight needles, and wood, but if its a tough fiber I like metal
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? I like blues or pinks, Im not much into browns or reds or oranges
6. What do you like best about Autumn? the changing of the leaves
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! Im not much of a pie person but my favorite would be Pecan, then apple, then pumpkin
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? definitely overslept
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) I love Halloween decorating, I'm an xray tech I look at bones and skulls all day long, even though I'm a little afraid hehe
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? anything made from Potatos, dark chocolate, cheese!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) husband who seems like a kid!
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? This is hard, I like a smooth clean yarn, like smooth clean skin, but also like a varied spun yarn, shows how I can go from one extreme to another, and colorful! does that make any sense :0)
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Ive only made one dishcloth, I've never tried a facecloth
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) hmm hard one, but the food always wins, I say thanksgiving, even though I have to work it every year, I still remember the times I spend with my family on that day, eating all those wonderful foods you only get on that day, and the footbal, go Redskins!
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? no allergies that I know of, I like soft stuff

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you ALWAYS work Thanksgiving now? That stinks! It is great to have nice memories though - I keep those in mind when I'm alone on Thanksgiving myself :) Thanks for getting this up!

    ReplyDelete