Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Mail - more dyeing

Yay! new mail! I ordered some bare wool from Knitpicks, my first purchase from them, and I plan to do some more dyeing with "Kool-Aid" I got some sock weight so I plan to make my first officially pair of socks, and my niece asked me to make her some socks so I will let her pick the colors for her pair with the other skein


I also got a pair of size 2 circulars to try the socks on circulars method, I've never tried but there are some great tutorials on the internet that I plan to follow. They weren't part of their Options set which I would love to purchase one day



This is a Necklace I am making from some items from the Hardware store, its just needs the top coat which Im waiting to come in the mail, Just a little playing around


I would prefer to find a better bead and some brown cording for it, I just wanted to see what it looked like on and this was what I had in my stash

5 comments:

  1. I want to try to dye some with Kool-aid. Where did you find out how to? I can not wait to see how your colors turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! I did a lot of google-ing and mostly went of off this post on craftster

    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188946.0

    There are lots of others that are very helpful too, some are geared towards self striping but you get the idea of how to dye it, it was really exciting dyeing my first yarn, I'll try to provide a tutorial when I do my next batch so you can see how I do it

    here are some more that I followed

    http://kathrynivy.com/patterns/extras/dyeing-yarn/

    http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2005/12/techniques_selfstriping_yarn.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you conjure up. I think you will like socks with two circs. That is how I learned to knit socks. Like the colors in your necklace and the cord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the necklace as is. It's striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I was wondering, do you have a email. I have a few more questions about yarn for dyeing.

    ReplyDelete