Sunday, January 4, 2009

whats on the needles

look at me, 2 posts this month and its only Jan 4th, thats the good thing about nap time and ignoring the big piles of laundry that need to be done :0)

I'm having a hard time, like most knitters, with having multiple projects on the needles and still wanting to cast on more. I thought maybe I could document what I have and start a list on the side to help me want to finish what I've started or just frog what I know I won't finish or don't like

I'm loving knitting hats for Alana because I can actually finish them, but I really want to make her some sweaters or something really nice for her to keep as an heirloom

Here are the socks..um... the sock I started for Alana, mucho grande, but I have only knit one and never started the second, ahh second sock syndrome - I name these Kool-aid socks, its the yarn I dyed with kool-aid


Here we have the beautiful Matinee Coat from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby, so pretty, that lace is so time consuming when you have a baby to feed every 2 hours. I started this when Alana was newborn, and I think she has already out-grown it

These are some wool longies I started as a gift for someone, realized I would never finish the legs in time so I immediately cast on for a pair of soakers for her instead. Now I'd like to finish these for Alana before she out-grows these too. I'm knitting magic loop for the legs, which is nice, since I don't get the ugly ladders from using DPN's but....will I ever finish, I spend most of my time trying to keep the yarn from tangling

and lastly or at least the last one I want to admit, is a sweater I started for Alana, I'm knitting the 12 month size, so she won't outgrow it before I finish. Also this is knit using a chunky yarn, with high hopes of finishing it.

ahh feels so good to get this out in the open... so I will try to show some progress as I move along, not sure if I should stick to one item and finish or do a little here and there of each one, so I won't get bored and want to start another.

I already have a few hats in mind.....

oh and I absolutely can't post without sharing the cute face of Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment