Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


I made blueberry pancakes with heart shaped strawberries on top for my hubby this morning, they were sooo yummy


I'm gonna make some strawberry cupcakes for him for a surprise when he gets home from work with heart shaped strawberries on top and bring some extras to work for my co workers

as for knitting, I'm working on a very cute pink, yes pink, roll edge jacket from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby for a certain little girl in my belly! woohoo I get to knit pink, Im so excited, its so much more fun knitting for a little girl

here are some progress picks, I finished the back and started on the left front
Im using GGH Samoa, in a super cute pink/cream combo


I really really want to make the Smock Coat from this book too, it was the reason I bought the book in the first place, but I'm no sure which size I should knit, I have 10 balls of the recommended yarn in brown, so I can make any size, any of you with experience with kids know what size I should make

4 comments:

  1. The strawberries and pancakes look really good and have my stomach growling. I love the Debbi Bliss project you've started. As for advice on the brown jacket. I would look at what season you want the baby to wear the jacket. If the baby will be one year old in the fall, then I would go with making either a 18month or 24month jacket. Also a bit depends on whether your baby is wearing smaller sizes, true to size or larger than his month size. Hope this helps. It's been a long while since I've had a baby. Also, I love the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolled edge is darliing!

    Pancakes o die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, see what season you want the girlie to wear the jacket and then go from there. I would think that it would be cuter on a bigger baby so you could see it. So maybe the 18-24 mo size...but my girls were always bigger than average clothes....so they were wearing 18-24 by 9-12 months. HTH! Can't wait to see the progress on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh baby knitting, how sweet...I'm doing some of it now.

    ReplyDelete