Monday, March 8, 2010

Bamboo Prefolds and my "new" ruffler foot

wow I'm on a roll, 2 posts in one day. I guess my other post got me motivated to take some crafty pix

I worked on some bamboo prefolds over the weekend. Thanks to a fellow online friend at diapersewingdivas and pregnancy.org I was inspired to finally cut my fabric and try a few

I tried a few different methods. And I went with 2 sizes, newborn 0-15lbs and regular 15-30lbs. I'll be back to add the measurements


The 2 with the giraffe print are the newborn size, inside is organic bamboo velour, outside is organic bamboo loop terry and the giraffe print is an organic bamboo knit. I serged the long ends wrong sides together, flipped right side out, serged short ends with knit print that was serged with more bamboo, then sewed on knit print

Robots, and chicadees are organic bamboo french terry with cotton knit embellishment. 3 different styles of folding

Zoo print is organic bamboo fleece with cotton knit mint zoo, 1 long piece folded in to meet in the middle, layed zoo print serged with a layer of bamboo fleece in the middle, short ends serged, middle layer sewn on with a straight stitch, my favorite of them all

hmm my instructions are pretty vague, I'll try to get more pix next time I make one.

and last but not least, I finally broke out my ruffler foot that I bought forever ago, put in on my old cheapy singer, and I have a dedicated ruffler machine, woohoo. I practiced with it over the weekend and then started some knit leggings I've been wantind to make. Just striped knit leggings that will have 3 rows of ruffles on the bottom. Inspired by my favorite MJ leggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment